Friday, July 16, 2010

DEEKSHA J SHETTY

DEEKSHA J SHETTY
Right from the time I can remember, I have had an inquisitive attitude towards what I am exposed to. Everything I learnt was not just what was taught to me but also included my personal contemplations and critical views. I have always wanted to discuss every vital topic and probe into the core of the matter and in my view Journalism is the only field that would give such exposure. I have been passionate towards public speaking and debates. I have always tried to see things from different perspectives before analysing them. There are certain aspects of a story that I bring out after an analysis which I would like to put across to the world. I am attentive, prepared and can handle pressure well.

I love to converse and I also believe that I can contribute many things to my chosen field. In turn receive a lot out of them as well. Today’s youth having more exposure than ever to sources like television and internet can bring back the sparkle and shine to the media that seems to have had some damage and gone off track. Speaking skills and boldness have naturally come to me and journalism is the field to expose it. During my entire course of education I have seen how the media works in the ever growing world and hence I want to significantly contribute to this field. The background I have had always encouraged me to do something I have wanted to and hence I enhanced my interest in this field.

“People may expect too much of journalism. Not only do they expect it to be entertaining, they expect it to be true” says Lewis H Lapham. It’s the latter that I am interested in and only journalism is the field that has it in abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment