Friday, July 16, 2010

A S GANESH

As human beings, we react to incentives. Every action that we perform has a motive behind it. Be it the most altruistic of actions, or violent crimes, it is performed only when you draw some sort of personal satisfaction from it. I want to be a journalist because I feel it will cater to all those motives that I believe are close to my heart.

According to me, there are four aspects around which life revolves. We yearn to live, we learn to live, we earn to live, and we return or give back while we are still alive. While the yearning to live remains intact in everyone, the learning and earning curves of every individual are unique and fluctuating, depending on the path one endeavours to take in life. Although least sought after, returning while living is the only selfless way as a person draws joy and happiness not just by doing for themselves, but by doing it for others as well. I want to work on the educational inequity, lack of cleanliness and poverty that is prevalent in India. I realised that journalism is one of the most influential ways of reaching every household. Once one builds a reputation, it is one of the easiest means to reach out to the masses and touch their lives. I want the common man to be able to present his views and understanding of the world with a freedom that is by right bestowed upon him. If everyone is aware of what it is that they are entitled to, it is only a matter of time before these conditions change.

I want to be happy and content with the work that I do everyday. Journalism would quench my thirst for writing, allowing me to organise my thoughts and ideas and express them through powerful words. I will be able to meet people, talk to them, learn their ways and lay out their opinions. I might get to travel across the world, visit different countries and understand its similarities and diversities.

I cannot say for certain whether I will live to do all that is that I want to do. But I am positive that journalism would at least open up paths to reach some of these destinations and it is for this reason that I want to be a journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment