Friday, July 16, 2010

MEGHA KUCHU

Every child has a dream job they want to pursue once they grow up. Some kids want to follow their parents’ footsteps, some know exactly what they want to be and then there are those who pick careers with fancy names. But as age catches on, the bubbles burst and reality hits us hard. Some of us regret our career moves and some are just lucky to have found their calling. Hopefully, I have found my calling too and journalism is meant for me. Pursuing journalism was a passion driven choice for me. What made it easier for me was my love for sports and everything to do with it.

Watching and following sports could happen even without the profession. But being a journalist would make me part of the sporting world in a way I have always dreamt of. Watching the games and reporting would all be part of the package. But for me personally, I look forward to the part where I’d be on the sidelines watching the game unravel, interviewing players and seeing another side of their lives. It helps that I am curious to know more about the players, what inspires them and what truly goes on behind the scenes. I would cherish the opportunity to look at life through their eyes. I have already come to respect the players of various sports through their game and dedication. But a peek into their character would throw light on what drives these individuals.

Other than following sports, I have always wanted to travel. I’d love to explore places, experience cultures and socialize with the locals. And also, covering world sporting events would require travelling to various places and interact with media personalities from across the globe. I long for such a lifestyle and such intelligent discussions and company. I am pretty sure I want this for myself. Nothing would make me happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment